Did you watch the Villanova Wildcats run over the Oklahoma Sooners as if they were speeding locomotive on Saturday? If you did, you may not need a whole lot of convincing that they can win the NCAA national championship game against the North Carolina Tar Heels. Villanova has been near-perfection almost all the way in this event, and they could not have been any more impressive than they were a couple of days ago, as they chalked up a 95-51 decision, holding Oklahoma to just 32% shooting. But they have a formidable task ahead of them, as North Carolina, which was the only #1 seed to advancing to the Final Four, have beaten everyone pretty handily on the way to their own berth in the championship game. This contest gets underway at 9:20 PM ET at NRG Stadium in Houston, and customers at BetAnySports can take advantage of the opportunity to wager while the game is in progress through the considerable facilities of Live Betting Extra.
Here are the latest NCAA Tournament odds on this game as they have been posted at the website:
This is not one of those games where the underdog is facing an insurmountable challenge. The game is there for Villanova to take, and the number indicates that. So we don’t have to do a major “selling” job on the Wildcats.
But let’s take a look at some bullet points anyway:
* Villanova has a very sure-handed leader in the backcourt. Ryan Arcidiacono has been a pretty good scorer in this tournament, but his main value is in distributing the basketball and minimizing mistakes. Over the course of his career, his assist-turnover ratio is a very slick 3-to-1, and you can’t get a whole lot better than that.
* The Wildcats can win even when they’re not shooting well. Remember that they only had 40% of their shots against Kansas, and in a major departure, hit only 22% from beyond the arc. Yet were able to come away with a victory over the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. BetAnySports customers may want to keep that very much in mind.
* Whoever Villanova is going to play up front, these are going to be players who can operate around the perimeter rather easily. Because of the fact that the Wildcats have been so proficient from long-range during this tournament, that is going to mandate that North Carolina bring at least one of their big people, and maybe two of them, out to the perimeter to defend. At that point, it might make it easier for Villanova to execute the dribble-drive, with more room for the guards to penetrate.
* Villanova is the second-best team in the nation at making its free throws, with a sizzling 78.2%. Obviously we don’t need to tell BetAnySports patrons how handy this can become in a close game, and in particular, in a close game where they may have the lead. It is not likely that they will present a lot of opportunities for North Carolina to catch up by taking advantage of missed chances from the charity stripe.
* If Villanova can somehow collapse down low well enough to make life difficult for North Carolina’s big people, they may find they have a significant edge when it comes to shooting from the perimeter. As hot as they are from out there, the Tar Heels are prone to being very cold, as they have converted on only 32% of their three-point attempts.
Remember that BetAnySports has reduced juice wagering, so that you can get more value on your bet in the NCAA Championship game, and you can challenge the odds in real time through Live Betting Extra. Deposits can be made in Bitcoin, the virtual currency, as well as your Visa card and a person-to-person transfer, and when it comes time to get paid, they are as fast as anyone in the business!